The 25th anniversary of this legendary runner includes the next evolution of ASICS's ultra-lightweight FlyteFoam cushioning (FlyteFoam Propel and FlyteFoam Lyte), a new Meta Clutch external heel counter, and an all-new jacquared mesh upper
The GEL-Kayano 25 is made for overpronators. Pronation refers to the way your foot rolls inward to distribute impact when you land. You may be an overpronator if:
- your foot lands on the outside of the heel, then rolls inwards excessively, transferring weight to the inner edge instead of the ball of the foot
- your big toe and second toe do the majority of the work during push-off
- you have low arches or flat feet
- you suffer from shin splints, plantar fasciitis, bunions or heel spurs.
To support your foot and reduce pronation, the Kayano 25's Impact Guidance System links shoe components together to help you move with a strong, guided gait. This system includes:
- Dynamic DuoMax - enhances stability and platform support
- Guidance Line - verticle flex groove along the midsole that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency and midfoot structural integrity
- Guidance Trussic - aids smoother landings
- Meta Clutch - exoskeletel heel counter that minimises unwanted heel movement.
The Kayano 25 also features:
- FlyteFoam Lyte - advanced foam technology that provides unparalleled weight reduction and continous cushioning for longer, more comfortable running. In itegrates Nano-Fibre architecture for strength and durability, is 55% lighter than industry standard, and retains its shape after every run
- FlyteFoam Propel - lightweight foam combined with a high energy return elastomer for increased bounce and unrivaled toe-off
- GEL rearfoot/forefoot cushioning - decreases shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as your foot transitions through its gait cycle
- FluidRide midsole - provides ultimate cushioning and bounce-back, with exceptional durability
- FluidFit upper - multi-directional, reinforced stretch mesh that adapts to your feet for a customised, glove-like fit
- OrthoLite X-40 sockliner - excellent moisture management and breathability
- Aphar Plus outsole - exceptionally durable compound strategically positioned in critical outsole areas (50% more durable than standard ASICS High Abrasion Rubber).
Count on the GEL-Kayano 25 for a premium and reliable ride that stabilises your foot and fits to perfection.